Monday, September 7, 2009

Hedgie's Heaven


This has become my favorite cooling summertime dessert. Or snack. Or whatever.

1/3 cup papaya, peeled, seeded, cut up, and chilled
1/3 cup fresh blueberries, chilled
1/3 cup heavy cream

1. Place all ingredients in bowl.

2. Stir a bit.

3. Eat.

NOTES:

1. I prefer the smaller Solo (or Hawaiian) papayas for their
sweeter and richer taste, but the larger (Mexican) papayas
work quite well.

2. Fresh blackberries work just as well as blueberries; the two
mixed together are also excellent. Raspberries are good, too.
Strawberries I don't personally like and haven't tried, but I imagine
they'd work, also. Grapes probably would, as well; I just hadn't
thought about trying them until just now.

3. For those who are health-conscious, instead of heavy cream
one can substitute 2 - 3 tablespoons of yogurt; regular, reduced
fat, and fat-free yogurts all work.

No comments:

Post a Comment