Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grilled Orange Thai Chili Chicken


1 - 1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenderloins
1 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce

1. Mix orange juice and chili sauce together; pour over
tenderloins and marinate in refrigerator for several hours
or overnight, turning tenderloins once.

2. Grill until tenderloins are done through, turning once
(usually 3 - 4 minutes on first side, then about 2 minutes
after turning).

3. Serve with more Thai chili sauce for dipping purposes.

NOTES:

1. I always use tenderloins, but I would imagine boneless
breasts would work just as well, or possibly even thighs
and wings; obviously, cooking times would need to be
adapted to the cuts used.

2. There are various recipes on the internet for Thai chili
sauce, but for convenience I use Kikkoman Thai Style
Chili Sauce, which I find excellent. You can adjust the
amount in the marinade to suit your taste and your
preferred level of chili heat.

4 comments:

  1. I am trying this recipe tonight. (Chicken marinating now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. Let me know how it turns out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rare event in this house. Everybody--all six people--liked it and voted to make it a regular dish. I like it that it doesn't call for hard-to-find ingredients. I have one cookbook that regularly calls for things like skimmed goat's cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great; I'm glad it worked out for your family. Happy eating!!

    ReplyDelete